05 Sep Awakening Somatic Intelligence – Functional Anatomy applied to yoga poses (80 CEUs) Online format
“Awakening Somatic Intelligence” is our virtual and in-person teacher training module focused on Functional Applied Anatomy, Art of Vinyasa Instruction and Somatics.
If you are already a registered yoga teacher (RYT), you will be eligible for 80 continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance upon the competition of this training. This online course is part of Bhakti Prema Yoga’s 300hrs Teacher Training program. Each module can be taken independently as a 80 CEUs course with Yoga Alliance, or all together for a 300hrs advanced teacher training course.
Given the international travel restrictions we have decided to postpone “Awakening Somatic Intelligence” to 25th July to 2nd August hoping that the travel restrictions are lifted by that time and keeping the same price (1288 euro) for shared room as it is in May (for single room options please check with Giusy at email@example.com ).
The GOOD news is:
The focus of this teacher training module is on Functional Applied Anatomy, Art of Vinyasa Instruction and Somatics. Students will understand the bio-mechanics involved in yoga poses and how to access a somatic experience through the postural practice. In this module we will also discuss how to guide our students into embodied experiences through our verbal guidance.
Most people come to yoga completely unaware of how deeply dis-embodied they are. Embodiment is the ability to get out of the prison of the thinking mind and instead experience the present moment through the feelings and sensations of the body.
Our societies have taught us to numb ourselves from bodily awareness and take permanent residency outside of the body and into the limited estate of our mind. Owing to that, we constantly analyze and dissect information, and when something happens to us, we go directly to the mind to make sense of it, usually having little awareness of how the body feels. Yoga practice brings us back into the present moment by working with embodiment.
Ameriga will teach the tenets of somatics and how to go beyond the body-mind split and reconnect with every moment as it is experienced by the body.
The online version of this module covers:
- In-depth study of the musculoskeletal system. In this course we cover anatomy and skeletal variations for the following joints:
- Skeletal variations and how they apply to families of asanas and yoga poses. Understanding the difference between compression and tension.
- Guiding a class: verbal cues and somatic experiences.
- Teaching asanas as an embodied form of spirituality: leading a vinyasa class as a somatic movement practice.
- Asana Labs: in-depth study of postures, that address their functions, and hence ways to modify, prop use and kramas by level.
- Practice teachings classes which will focus on refining one’s cues and direction of the class. Online this will actually be a great exercise because you will have to teach by looking at people in a screen and without demonstrating. I am sure it will take your instructions skills to the next level!
Please note that we will held the module in person from 25th of July to 2nd of August only with a minimum of 5 people signed up.
- Intermediate to advanced vinyasa flow, sequenced with a peak pose in mind
- Guided pranayama practice
- 80 Continuing Education Credits with Yoga Alliance upon completion (for RYTs only)
- Possibility to attend other modules in order to complete 300-hours teacher training in 3 years
- Possibility to take this module again in person at Floripa Kitesurf & Yoga House for free, and only pay for food and accomodation from the 25 July/2 August 2020 (minimum 5 people).
- Number of virtual classes: 16
- Dates: May 10 to June 28
- Full online program and mentoring
- 2 hours and half theory classes every other day + Sunday class from 8.00 to 13.00 CET
- Upon the completion of this training, Registered Yoga Teachers will be eligible for 80 continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance
- 10 May: Sunday Class 1 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- 12 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 14 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 17 May: Sunday Class 2 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 19 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 21 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- S 24 May: Sunday Class 3 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 26 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 28 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- F 29 May (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 31 May: Sunday Class 4 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 2 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 4 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- F 5 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- 7 June: Sunday Class 5 (8.00-13.00 CET)
- T 9 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 11 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 19 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 23 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 25 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- T 26 June (19.00-21.30 CET)
- S 28 June: Sunday Class 6 (8.00-13.00 CET)
Request information for this course
Fill the form below: we’ll contact you back to answer your questions.