01 Apr 250 hrs Teacher training Course
We offer two possibilities to train with us:
– either in a hybrid format (online + in person) for a “250 hrs Teacher Training Program”
– fully online for an “Online 200 hrs Teacher Training Program”
The Covid-19 crisis has changed the yoga industry dramatically. It has prompt the development of “Zoom Yoga” and the spread of online classes. It has opened a “global marketplace” where yoga teachers are no longer competing just with other teachers in town, but with teachers located everywhere in the world.
Setting up a yoga career is more challenging today than it used to be, requiring new skills (for example being able to teach in front of a camera without seeing the students, and promoting oneself on social medias) as well as a solid preparation on the art of sequencing, on functional anatomy and on the historical and philosophical roots of yoga.
Our 250 hrs Teacher Training Program is a thorough course that covers way beyond Yoga Alliance requirements both in terms of hours and of content.
Our students success stories are grounded in providing a course with lots of practice teaching experience, and in-depth classes that prepare the students to teach entry-level as well mixed level classes, both in solar and lunar methodologies.
Our course is also open to practitioners who do not want to teach, but are very passionate about yoga, want to create their own sequences, understand the origins of this practice, feel in need of a transformational experience and want to meet likely a likely-minded group of people.
Our main objective is to prepare the students to be able to teach both online and in person already during the course.
Because of that, the 250 HRS course is thought in “hybrid modality”, both online and in person.
Most of the theory and the “Practice Teaching Lab” are offered online (either in live classes or recorded videos), while the residential module “Art of Hands on Assisting” covers teaching in person and offering individual corrections and adjustments.
To complete our 250 HRS course, you need to take three modules:
- Art of Hands on Assisting (in person, 70 hrs),
- Path of Yoga (online, 150 hrs),
- Integration (online, 30 hrs).
Full course duration: 9 of July to 20th of December, 2021.
Art of Hands on Assisting: 9-17 of July, 2021 @Yoga Shala Stagnone.
Price: 800 euros.
(Price for course only, accommodation and meals need to be booked as extras).
Path of Yoga (POY): Recorded classes will be accessible from July 18th on our Virtual School Platform:https://bhaktipremayoga.teachable.com;
LIVE Zoom classes from 20 September to 29 of November, 2021 (every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7-9 PM CET).
Integration: from December 1, 2021 to December 20, 2021 (every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 7-9 PM CET) + Teaching Exams.
Class recordings will be available in case you miss the live session.
Price for both online modules:
1700 euros for both (POY and Integration).
The course can be paid in installments or in one tranche with a discount:
—> Full payment discount:
2.300 euros instead of 2.500 euros.
What if I Cannot come over to Sicily for the residential module?
While “Art of Hands on Assist” is the module we mostly recommend, you can also take either one of these two residential modules to complete your 250 hours Teacher Training program:
20th-28th August – “Living Yoga: Bringing Transformative Yoga Philosophy in our Classes”
10th-19th September –“Yoga Alchemy: Art of Sequencing Vinyasa and Mandala Flow”
Otherwise, if you only take the Online course you’ll receive a certificate for 200 hours Online Teacher Training
As per Yoga Alliance requirements, the training covers the following categories:
- Techniques, Training and Practice
- Pranayama, asanas and kriyas
- Teaching Methodology
- Use of Cues and Verbal instructions
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Yoga Philosophy/Ethics/Lifestyle
During the course students are required to submit short videos of themselves teaching. They will receive feedbacks from the teacher for the videos they send, which is an invaluable tool of growth, since it helps tremendously the student to polish their cues, improve the energetic alignment expressed in the poses and their overall sequencing ability.
The students keep in touch between themselves through a private Facebook group which is a great platform to share, inform and grow our community.
Throughout the course, students are required to collect 20hrs of teaching. We strongly encourage the students to teach family members, friends or for free at local community centers to get practical experience teaching diverse populations.
The students need to keep a journal of the sequences they teach and film the classes so that they can watch them afterwards for feedbacks. Students are welcomed to share their teaching experiences in our private facebook group.
JOIN OUR REFERRAL PROGRAM:
It is super simple:
your friend books any of our courses writing directly to us at our email address firstname.lastname@example.org
and saying “Hi, I am a friend of (YOU)”,
they get 5% off on the course, and you get 10% off of your next course!
(PS: you don’t have to be enrolled in the same course!)
The training covers the following topics:
- Sequencing: how to create creative and anatomically sound vinyasa flows for specific target areas/ peak poses.
- How to offer variations and kramas when teaching mixed level classes.
- Use of cues and verbal instruction.
- Functional anatomy. Drawing from the work of Paul Grilley, you will learn the most important 14 skeletal segments and 10 myofascial tissues that you need to be familiar with to create anatomically sound flow sequences and understand skeletal variations and their application to yoga poses.
- Pranayama: theory and practice.
- Building a solid structure for the students to anchor for their own self-practice of asanas, pranayama and kriyas.
- A through and comprehensive overview of the development of Indian philosophies, religions and spiritual practices. The lectures cover contemporary academic debates, and resources are shared widely, to empower the students to further continue to study on their own.
- Study history and philosophy with an academic approach (our lead teacher is MA in Yoga Studies).
- Modern paths of Self-Reflection: transactional analysis, life-coaching, NLP, and Non-Violent Communication (NVC).
- Introduction to the ethics and practical aspects of hands-on assists.
- Specialty classes on inversions, arm-balances and backbends.
- Plenty of practice teaching time with feedbacks for improvement.
- 6 months mentorship with our teachers who will guide you through the process of bringing yoga into your life and becoming a skillful teacher.
- Setting up a heart-centered business, marketing and social media use.
- Introduction to the ethics and practical aspects of hands-on assists.
- An amazing sangha, a community of likely minded people who will be your spiritual nest.
Ameriga (ERYT500) is often described as an “unconventional” yoga teacher that thrives in empowering students to take their yoga practice to the next level, and to reflect deeply on their life. In her intense, powerful and transformative classes she eclectically blends together different styles of postural yoga and through her understanding of functional anatomy, she invites the students to find depth in the poses by exploring them, instead of “performing them” according to an ideal shape.
Expect creative, slow, deep and intense sequences, often leading to a peak pose, and garnished with Indian philosophy, psychology, immersive music and kirtan.
Ameriga’s attraction for Eastern Philosophies and soteriological disciplines started when she was an adolescent. She pursued her first University Degree in Oriental Languages and Cultures, and spent her early youth living and traveling across different East Asian countries.
At the age of 25, while living in Burma, she begun to practice vipassana meditation. A few years later she was introduced to postural yoga. It was love at first asana and since then she has studied with profoundly inspiring teachers and collected over 2000 hours of formal trainings, as well as a MA in Yoga Studies (University of Venice).
The teachers that have influenced her movement practice are Shiva Rea (with whom she has completed over 300 hrs of trainings), Meghan Currie, Vinay Kumar (Pranavashya Yoga), and several Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga teachers, starting with Gregor Maehle and Monica Gauci, who inspired Ameriga to study Sanskrit, yoga philosophy and anatomy. Ameriga also visits the Ashtanga shalas of Nancy Gilgoff, Balu Tevar, and Lino Miele. She has also trained extensively in Yin Yoga with Jo Phee, studying also for advanced modules such as cadaver dissection.
She offers 200 and 300 hrs teacher trainings.
Outside of the mat, Ameriga loves to live by the sea, where she kitesurfs when she can. She is also a passionate rock climber, pole dancer, and loves to play kirtan with her band, the Bhakti Sisters.
Request information for this course
Fill the form below: we’ll contact you back to answer your questions.