20 Apr YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING Online Course
- 40-hour self-paced online Yin yoga teacher training
- 2 manuals
- For RYT, you’re eligible for 40 continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance upon the completion of this course
- This course is part of the Bhakti Prema Yoga 300 hrs Teacher Training Program
- 3 live sessions held over Zoom to check progress and practice teaching (the schedule is coordinated with the group)
- Online sessions’ timezone: Ispica, Italy (GMT+1)
- Over 10 hours of Bhakti Prema Yin yoga and pranayama classes
- Every module comes with homework and quizzes to test your progresses.
This course is structured in 4 didactic sections:
- Anatomy for Yin Yoga
- Chinese meridians
- Yin Yoga Theory and Practice
- Yin Yoga poses
Students will receive videos for each topic (you can see the videos’ titles and content by scrolling below). The 3 live sessions will be coordinated together with other students who are taking the course at the same time.
During the teaching labs the students have to practice teaching the techniques and postures they are learning.
Yin yoga is a nourishing practice that complements perfectly Yang practices such as Vinyasa and Ashtanga yoga. During this course, you will learn about Paul Grilley, the father of Yin yoga, and how this practice came into existence, and its tenets: functional anatomy, Chinese meridian theory, creative Sequencing, Use of props and modifications, as well as the practice of self-inquiry and mindfulness.
The anatomical principles taught in this course are applicable to every style of yoga, and knowing them will complement the way you teach Vinyasa flow as well. Besides learning about skeletal variations and their application in Yin yoga, you will also learn Chinese meridians theory and why this is relevant for Yin yoga.
This course will also introduce you to how to hold space during Yin yoga classes, share meaningful themes, lead meditations, and self- inquiry.
Ameriga, the lead teacher of this training, has trained extensively in Yin yoga with Jo Phee, the senior student of Paul Grilley, studying also for advanced modules such as cadaver dissection. In her classes, she brings together her technical knowledge with her experience in leading self-inquiry journeys grounded in yoga philosophy.
If you are already a registered yoga teacher (RYT), you will be eligible for 40 continuing education hours with Yoga Alliance upon the competition of this training.
This Yin yoga course will cover the following topics:
- Foundations of Yin yoga
- Roots and development of Yin yoga
- Yin yoga postures: use of props, modifications, and assists
- Art of sequencing Yin yoga classes
- Functional Yin yoga
- Interoceptive skills
- Asking powerful questions
- Leading inquiries and journaling
- Skeletal Variations for hips, shoulders, spine
- Connective tissue in Yin yoga
- The importance of appropriate stress
- Chinese medicine
- Introduction to meridian theory
- Analysis of Yin postures in relation to Chinese meridian theory
- MFR: integrating myofascial release techniques in your Yin Yoga classes.
Who is this training for?
- Yoga teachers who are ready to take the next step in their teaching career by broadening their experience and offering to include the balancing gift of Yin Yoga
- Enthusiastic practitioners who are interested to learn how to create a safe and sustainable home practice of Yin yoga
PRICE is 550 EUROS
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more infos or simply to get an infopackage about the course!